Please save the date and RSVP for our annual summer potluck at Lubber’s Family Farm. Join us to mix and mingle under the apple trees and celebrate local food. Enjoy the farm, food artisans, friends, and farmers!
- a tour of Lubber’s farm also home of Little Rooster Bread & Dancing Goat Creamery
- nibbling on Potluck treats brought by you and other friends
- learning about unique farming practices from the 2017 Biodiversity Micro Grant Farmer Awardees
- noshing on food samples from local food artisans
- sipping sample beverages
- kicking up our heels to some great music
Here is a great chance to meet some of our 2017 micro-grant awardees! Find out about what is going on in your farming community and upcoming opportunities to volunteer and make a difference within food insecure areas around Grand Rapids.
What we need from you for this FREE event:
- Your RSVP no later than 6/01
Bring Your Own:
- plates/utensils to help minimize waste
- slow food inspired dish
- chair, blanket, bug spray
Lubbers Family Farm is a family owned picturesque farm nestled along the Grand River in West Michigan. Sustainable agricultural practices have been the guiding principles since 1995. The farm is home to Little Rooster Bread Company. Lubbers meats include succulent beef and whey-special pork. Eggs are laid by heritage hens on pasture. The Farm Store, open seasonally, sells the meats, breads, crackers, eggs, honey, syrup and cheeses along with good foods raised by other local small farms.
Stay tuned for updates to the event!