We hope that you are able to carve out a bit of time to enjoy some of the books listed below. These are some of our book club favorites. Educating on food sustainability, cooking techniques, conviviality, and more!
A random selection of books we have read so far:
- Food Matters: A Guide to Conscious Eating with More Than 75 Recipes by Mark Bittman.
- Life, on the Line, by Grant Achatz and Nick Kokonas
- Tomatoland by Barry Estabrook
- On Rue Tatin: Living and Cooking in a French Town by Susan Hermann Loomis
- Julia Child’s My Life in France followed by Julie & Julia. For the latter meeting we all brought a dish that we made from Mastering the Art of French Cooking.
- The Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett led to a suggestion to bring ale and horsebread for the peasants in our group and wine and meat for the nobility. The table that night was filled with grain bread, meat pies and stews – all different and all delicious!
- Blood, Bones, & Butter by Gabrielle Hamilton
- The Hundred-Foot Journey by Richard C. Morais
- 97 Orchard: An Edible history of Five Immigrant Families in One New York Tenement by Jane Ziegelman
- Serve the People: A Stir-fried Journey through China by Jen Lin-Liu
- Farm City: The Education of an Urban Farmer by Novella Carpenter
- The Day I Ate Whatever I Wanted: And Other Small Acts of Liberation by Elizabeth Berg
- Animal, Vegetable, Miracle: A Year of Food Life by Barbara Kingsolver
- The Lacuna by Barbara Kingsolver
- Spoon Fed by Kim Severson
- Hay Fever by Angela Miller
- Alone in the Kitchen with an Eggplant: Confessions of Cooking for One and Dining Aloneedited by Jenni Ferrari-Adler
- A Scavenger’s Guide to Haute Cuisine by Steven Rinella
- Garlic and Sapphires: The Secret Life of a Critic in Disguise by Ruth Reichl
- The Madonnas of Leningrad by Debra Dean
- Climbing the Mango Trees: A Memoir of a Childhood in India by Madhur Jaffrey
- American Pie: Slices of Life (and Pie) from America’s Back Roads by Pascale Le Draoulec
- A Mountain of Crumbs by Elena Gookhova
- The Story of Edgar Sawtelle by David Wroblewski
- The Dirty Life by Kristin Kimball
- The Third Plate: Field Notes on the Future of Food by Dan Barber
If you have any questions or would like to add a book to the must read list, please e-mail email@example.com.
Happy reading and happy eating!